Azab 250 or Azithromycin is an antibacterial drug of the last generation, effectively eliminating and preventing inflammatory infectious processes. Differs fast absorption, weak side effects and quick results.
The drug is available in capsules, tablets, as well as granules and powder for the preparation of suspensions. There is also a lyophilisate for infusion solutions.
Acute forms of tonsillitis, sinusitis, pharyngitis, bronchitis, otitis, scarlet fever and pneumonia;
In dentistry, it is used to treat pericoronitis, periodontitis, periostitis, and also to relieve inflammation in other diseases of the maxillofacial system;
It is used as an antimicrobial agent after dental implantation.
Possible side effects
- Abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea;
- Occasionally flatulence and vomiting;
- Heightened liver enzymes;
- A very rare side effect is a skin rash.
Contraindications for Azab 250
- Hypersensitivity to the drug;
- Renal or hepatic impairment;
- Pregnancy and lactation;
- Children’s age (pills and capsules can be taken).
Dosage and administration (instructions) for Azab 250
Azithromycin is used inside, 1 hour before or 2 hours after meals 1 time per day.
- Adults with infections of the upper and lower respiratory tract – 500 mg / day for 1 reception for 3 days (cycle dose – 1.5 g).
- With infections of the skin and soft tissues – 1000 mg / day on the first day for 1 dose, then 500 mg / day daily from 2 to 5 days (cycle dose – 3 g).
- In acute infections of the urinary organs (uncomplicated urethritis or cervicitis) – once 1000 mg.
- With Lyme disease (borreliosis) for treatment of stage I (erythema migrans) – 1000 mg on the first day and 500 mg daily from day 2 to day 5 (cycle dose – 3 g).
- In case of gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer associated with Helicobacter pylori – 1 g / day for 3 days as part of a combined anti-Helicobacter pylori therapy.
- Children over 12 years old (weighing 50 kg or more) with infections of the upper and lower respiratory tract, skin and soft tissues – 500 mg 1 time per day for 3 days.
- When treating erythema migrans in children, the dose is 1000 mg on the first day and 500 mg daily from day 2 to day 5.